An opportunity is available for an General Administrator to fulfil a combined function within the administration department at our Didcot DC. Working hours are 25 hours per week, 5 hours per day, 10.00am to 3.00pm (although some flexibility is available on hours) Monday to Friday.
We are looking for a proactive, conscientious person with a flexible approach to daily challenges, along with the ability to work on their own initiative. The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running in this maternity cover position.
Summary of Role
The successful candidate will receive full training in the role which incorporates a variety of general administration tasks and responsibilities including, composition of letters, maintenance of MS Access databases and as a supporting role in assisting with HR administration.
Duties will include
- Assisting and supporting with office administration in all of our business support functions, as required
- Ad-hoc duties including photocopying, filing and shredding
- Accurately updating and maintaining a HR personnel database and personnel filing system
- Supporting in formal meetings with taking accurate and reflective notes / minutes
- Assisting and cover other administrative roles, such as commercial finance, during colleague’s holidays and absence
- Candidates must be educated to GCSE, NVQ level 2 or equivalent, in English and Maths, at a minimum
- A high level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required, including MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Proven experience in a busy office administration function
- The ability to work autonomously and on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to interpret and explain information logically and concisely
- Strong organizational skills and time management techniques to balance priorities, effectively, whilst managing multiple work streams to tight timelines
- Strong team working skills and a positive attitude demonstrated by a willingness to assist in all areas of the administration function
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.