We require a very special person to join our team dedicated to serving families at one of the most difficult times in their lives. We currently have a position for a part-time Funeral Arranger/Administrator (job-share) for a Funeral Directors situated in our branch in Aylesbury.
You will be required to work 20 hours per week to be negotiated. However, the actual times of work will vary according to the needs of the business. As this role is job-share, you will also be expected to cover holiday and sickness for your job-share partner and will be remunerated accordingly.The Company wishes to reaffirm that New Way adherence and excellent product knowledge are a condition of your contract.
You will be working with the Funeral Director and Principal Funeral Director to provide great service for customers. Providing support to the Funeral Director and assist with the process of arranging and planning funeral services. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in a tight knit team environment.
The key duties of the post are as follows :
- Follow the CPJ way of funeral arranging for which full training will be given.
- New Way adherence and excellent product knowledge.
- Answering the telephone in a polite and efficient manner. Taking recording and forwarding accurate messages.
- Accompanying family of deceased to our Chapel of Rest
- Accompanying doctors to refrigeration units for examination of the deceased.
- Sale of monumental masonry and pre-paid funerals for which full training will be given.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reconciliations from the above system for submission to Rampion House.
- Daily banking of monies received in settlement of funeral accounts.
- Maintaining branch petty cash records, processing of card payments etc.
- General office administration including photocopying, faxing and filing
- Ensuring that the Branch is clean, tidy and welcoming at all times.
- You will be required to attend full day training sessions to develop skills and knowledge.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for job-share colleagues plus cover when attending training. Training will be at least 1 day every year.
This is a varied role with a difference and would be suited to a candidate who has the following personal skills:
- Caring, empathetic and confident nature
- Understand and be able to address the needs of the bereaved.
- A competent administrator, accurate, with attention to detail
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel
- Flexible attitude - adaptable to the needs of the organisation
- Demonstrate a calm, efficient and compassionate demeanour
- Reliability, honesty and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
The role will be based at our branch in Aylesbury.
NB. You will be required to complete an Application Form as part of the recruitment process which we will forward to you on receipt of your CV through Reed.
Should you possess the correct skills and experience for this position we will be in touch with you within 10 days of the receipt of your completed application. Should you not hear from us within this time you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise instructed by you we will retain your details for any suitable future vacancies. We wish you every success in your search for suitable employment
- Flexible Approach
- Office Administration
- Positive Team Player
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job