Job title: Part time FC
Package: £300- 350 per day
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: 1 to 2 days per month
About our Client
Our client is an exciting technology business which has a number of high profile international clients.
Due to the arrival of a new CEO they are now looking to recruit a hands-on Financial Controller to introduce some financial controls and then provide strategic and financial support to the directors.
You will work closely with the CEO to set up the finance function in-house, specifically you will:
- Take overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management;
- Set up Xero and transfer financial data onto the system;
- Implement financial controls including management accounts, cash flow forecasts, budgets;
- Provide strategic and financial support to the directors;
- Prepare VAT returns and process payroll;
- Consider funding and borrowing arrangements;
- Liaise with external accountants and HMRC on statutory matters.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), ideally with an existing portfolio of SME clients and with the capacity to commit to at least two days a month initially.
- Experience of implementing financial controls and creating financial models
- Strong excel skills (Vlook-up, Pivot tables etc)
- Working knowledge of Xero
- Excellent communications skills with ability to explain financial information to non-finance stakeholders
- Fundraising experience through banks and alternative suppliers
- Experience of working with entrepreneurial SME businesses.
- Management Accounts