A great opportunity for a senior finance professional with strong commercial acumen to work part-time at a co-educational academy, Surrey, 4-5 days, flexible hours with some possible home working, c.£80 FTE
Our client converted to Academy status in March 2012, and now has 1310 students on roll including 200 in the Sixth Form. Through their Science specialism which now includes Maths and Technology, they have developed many community and primary school links. They are well resourced and are fortunate to have outstanding facilities across the school.
They are now seeking a confident, strategic and commercial manager with senior level finance and operational experience who can form a highly successful partnership with their incredibly energetic and passionate new Head, who has been on board for just over a year.
The key purpose of the post is to provide strategic leadership and effective management of the support (non-teaching) functions of the High School and to support the Head Teacher in ensuring the safe, secure, cost effective and fully compliant operation of the school.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and motivate a team of circa 60 staff in the delivery of high quality financial and operational support services, ensuring service levels are maintained and policies and procedures are followed.
- As the strategic business partner, providing strategic advice and guidance to the Head Teacher and Governing body on all aspects of finance and operations.
- Proactively provide management information and analysis to the Head Teacher and Governing Body to facilitate timely and effective decision making
- Proactively identify and exploit opportunities to increase revenue, reduce costs and improve the quality of services delivered
- Lead for the school on the Finance and Staffing Committee of Governors and support the Head on all operational and finance related activities at full Governing Body meetings.
- Develop and ensure full compliance with robust financial management policies, processes and reporting systems that satisfy audit requirements and those of the ESFA.
- Ensure all operational aspects of the support organisation comply with all relevant legislation, guidance and best practice.
- Research and complete funding bids to external bodies including Government departments to maximise the resources available
- Report on all financial, risk and compliance matters to the Head Teacher and Governing Board as required and ensure the academy trust has in place sound internal control, risk management and assurance processes.
- To review the appropriateness, identification of and cost benefit of the school joining a Multi Academy Trust
Applicants will be suitability qualified and possess an appropriate accounting/financial qualification. The post holder will:
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and have excellent inter-personal skills.
- Be able to operate effectively at all levels and across disciplines.
- Be able to operate at a strategic level.
- Be able to lead and work across a variety of teams.
- Have extensive commercial and operational expertise in a similar or complementary environment
- Have extensive people management expertise and a demonstrated ability to manage individual and team performance effectively
- Have well developed Influencing and negotiating skills with a particular ability to listen in discussions with stakeholders
- Have the experience and gravitas to command respect and quickly generate confidence in a range of audiences
- Be resilient, able to manage difficult conversations and handle conflict effectively
- Demonstrate a passion for the sector
Experience in the education sector would be an advantage but is not a requirement for the role.
This role is offered on a permanent part-time or full time basis, with a minimum of 4 days. If 5 days, one day could be worked from home. They could consider an early start, late start, 8am-4pm , 10am -5pm. The salary is c.£80k and benefits include 25 days holiday and 2% pension.