The Finance Officer has overall responsibility for accurately maintaining all the financial records and has a key role in providing accurate financial information.
My client is a charity based in Gloucester.
Some of the key responsibilities of a Part-Time Finance Officer includes:
- Prepare monthly accounts on Sage 50 accounts, to include posting monthly prepayments, accruals, depreciation and other month end accounting adjustments.
- Prepare schedules which provide reconciliation at each month end of the balances on the balance sheet accounts in Sage 50 accounts
- Reconcile the purchase ledger with supplier statements ensuring that differences are resolved.
- On a monthly basis, check supplier payment details and highlight any changes.
- Ensure monthly employee salary payments (prepared by agency) are processed correctly.
- Process cheque requisitions.
- Record in Sage 50 accounts all petty cash transactions and reconcile monthly, the petty cash balance.
- Record all payments in Sage 50 accounts and reconcile to bank statements.
- Early in the month (taking account of upcoming payments including direct debits), ensure funds are transferred to the appropriate account to support the monthly payments
- Carry out all day to day banking or ensure that this is covered by other staff
- On a monthly basis, review cash flow and forecasts and reports
- Reconcile the bank balances as recorded in Sage 50 accounts to bank statements
A successful Part-Time Finance Officer:
- First class numeracy and bookkeeping skills and experience
- A proven track record operating Sage 50 accounts to trial balance stage, including a good working knowledge of the bank module, sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger
- Strong Excel skills including Vlookups and Pivot Tables
- Attention to detail and the ability to process data reliably and accurately, maintain accurate financial records and hence provide sound financial information
- Strong background in preparing and filing Inland Revenue returns such as VAT, PAYE/NI
- A readiness to work and behave in accordance with the charity's policies and relevant legislation
On offer to a successful Part-Time Finance Officer is the chance to work within a great charity in a varied, part-time finance role, paying 20 - 25k (pro-rate).