A charitable organisation based in Durham, established for over 30 years and one of the leading national charities in the sector.
- Processing of all purchase ledger transactions, nominal ledger costs and assessor payments. This includes all invoices, preparation of BACS payments and cheques ensuring payments are made within Signature Group regulations and stated targets, reconciliations to statements and handling of queries.
- Preparation, calculation, accounting and payment of staff salaries and all related deductions and payments in accordance with Signature terms and relevant legislation.
- Preparation, calculation and payment of examiners` fees in accordance with PAYE and National Insurance regulations within the Sage payroll system. Deal with all enquiries relating to the examiners payments.
- Running of Sage/Affiliate interface to agreed timescales, promptly investigating any discrepancies.
- Assist the Accountant with the processing of standard monthly journals, reconciliation and analysis of accruals and prepayments, including analysis of nominal accounts. Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register including depreciation, additions and disposals.
- Maintenance of supporting records for external and project funders under the direction of the Accountant.
- Processing of orders for sales of materials, including reconciliation of payments (online or credit card processing). Ensure stocks of materials for resale are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Management of company credit card procedures, ensuring claims correctly completed and coded. Follow up queries and post to ledger to monthly reporting deadlines.
- Ensure that full reconciliation of the bank accounts and inter-company accounts are completed in a timely manner and prompt follow up of any non reconciling items.
- Assist in the collection of information for the annual audit as requested by the Accountant.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (including English Language).
- Studying towards AAT qualification, or a willingness to do so.
- Experience of Sage line 50 and Sage payroll.
- Knowledge of HMRC compliance, specifically payroll and VAT.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft package
- Excellent communication skills - spoken and written.
- Working hours - part time 30 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days, flexible
- Free onsite parkins
- 26 working days holiday per year (pro rata), plus recognised bank or public
- Auto enrolled pension scheme through the Pensions Trust.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job