Part Time Driver – Salisbury, 6 month Fixed Term Contract
20 hours per week over 5 days
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 1.00pm
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly and reliable Driver to join the team at our busy branch in Salisbury, making deliveries in and around the local area. You will play a vital part in helping us serve customers and keeping the branch and its delivery service running smoothly - experience with our products isn't strictly necessary, if you bring great customer service and team working skills, we'll give you everything you need to succeed.
We are well established in Salisbury and have been supplying decorating materials to a range of customers for over 30 years. Our Salisbury branch attracts a mixture of trade and retail customers to the store where we stock an impressive range of trade and designer paints, an extensive selection wallpapers as well as all of the decorating supplies and sundries our customers need to get the job done.
Working alongside a team of five who between them have over 45 years service and industry experience with the Company it’s no wonder we have built up a strong customer base and a reputation for being the decorator’s first choice.
A family run business for over 110 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 158 branches nationwide. We know that our people make our business unique, and place great emphasis on the development and growth of our staff.
- Make multi drop deliveries to customers in Salisbury and the surrounding area, driving the Company Transit van
- Unload deliveries and ensure stock is distributed throughout the store
- Promote and support the growth of the branch, being an ambassador for Brewers
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch
- Assisting customers or mixing paint in the branch and helping in the warehouse when not driving
Who we are looking for to join our new team:
- Familiar with Salisbury and the surrounding area
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Full driving licence
- Previous driving experience advantageous although not required
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service – pro rata for Part Time
- Plenty of internal training opportunities
- Comprehensive Induction Programme available
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note –this role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the job expiry date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.