At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patients’ care with us.
Brunel is a NEW 32 bed neuropsychiatry and neurobehavioural service for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury. It is located in Henbury in Bristol.
Our patient-centred and flexible rehabilitation model aims to reduce risk, maximise independence, improve quality of life and, where possible, help those affected to fully recover. By using our model, we can define and set step-by-step objectives that cross all areas of an individual’s psychological and behavioural development. Our key areas of our care model are: admission, goal setting, treatment and therapy, consolidation.
In this role you will;
• Liaise with the manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of fresh foods, as available.
• Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate. Responsible for maintaining and managing the food budget.
• Provide special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual patients.
• Be responsible for the washing up after meals and the overall cleaning of the kitchen and where appropriate the dining area.
• Maintain an accurate record / list of food supplies, freezer temperatures requirements, etc. where requested / required.
• Order stocks and check deliveries, as well as check and value stocks as required by the manager.
• Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
We are looking for people who have;
• Good communication.
• Ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets
• Team player / Works on own initiative.
• Experience of working in a care/ Hospital environment
• NVQ3 or evidence of same.
• Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
• Hospitality experience.
• Experience of preparing fresh food to cover 3 main meal times.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the people within our care. All candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Want to make a positive difference? We look forward to hearing from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job