Our client is seeking an experienced Part Time Bookkeeper to join their business based near Wantage on an initial temporary basis.
Our client is a reputable local employer on the outskirts of Wantage. They are looking to hire an experienced Bookkeeper to be responsible for the day to day transactional accounting duties.
The Part Time Bookkeeper's responsibilities will include all the day to day finance duties including:
- Maintaining the purchase ledger
- Processing invoices and dealing with all invoice queries
- Ensuring invoices are authorised ready for payment
- Processing payments via BACS
- Maintaining the sales ledger
- Raising invoices and sending them out via email
- Credit control - chasing outstanding debt and dealing with any payment issues
- Maintaining office supplies and ordering new supplies as needed
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintaining petty cash
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Assisting with month end accounting duties
The successful Part Time Bookkeeper will have previous experience in an all round transactional finance role within a small to medium company. The individual must have:
- Previous relevant bookkeeping experience such as AP/AR, bank recs, accruals and prepayments, month end accounts
- Ideally understanding and experience of management accounts
- Intermediate Excel skills with experience of Pivot tables
- Team player willing to help out when needed
- Professional work ethic
- Strong organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- 25 hours per week
- Temporary position with potential to go permanent
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'