Monday to Friday
Hours of work: 20 hours per week with the opportunity for more hours for the right candidate
Candidate will be required to work part of the school holidays.
Competitive Rates of Pay
Our client offers an end to end service for the smaller client, and fully outsourced bookkeeping, management accounting and payroll solutions for the larger clients.
Our client is a growing practice, embracing cloud accounting with the use of Xero or working with clients existing software where appropriate. They are implementing new systems and processes within the practice, improving their efficiencies and enabling us to work more closely with clients on a strategic level.
Experienced part-time Bookkeeper required for a small rural bookkeeping and accounts practice offering services to a mixture of farms, start-ups and small to medium sized, mainly rural businesses.
Our Client have clients across different sectors but primarily from within the rural community. Although not necessary to come from a farming background, applicant must have a knowledge and empathy with the countryside and rural surroundings to be able to communicate with a large proportion of our clients on a day to day basis. Candidate must be highly professional, discrete, accurate, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a willingness to embrace cloud technology and keep pace with an ever-changing market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raising sales invoices
- Managing debtors and creditors
- Inputting purchase invoices
- Raising payments and Bank reconciliation
- Preparing management accounts
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Take responsibility for their allocated clients on a day to day basis
- Corresponding with clients and suppliers
- Familiar with some of the current software in use - Xero, Payroll Manager, Landmark Key Accounts & Key Prime, Tax Calc
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent key board skills
- Team Player - willing to 'Muck In’ make the tea, answer the door, deal with enquiries
- Desirable but not essential - experience of marketing, social media, website administration (back end)
- Qualified to a minimum of level 2 ICB or similar awarding body
- Payroll Experience
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience
- Driver desirable as may be required to attend client premises on occasion
Please Note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job