We have a fantastic opportunity for a Part-time Bookkeeper to work for our well-established client based in Stoke on Trent. They are a market leader in their field who pride themselves on offering exceptional customer service. You will be supporting the Financial Director, working in a fantastic environment either 2-3 days per week dependent on your preference.
- Enter purchase invoices on to the SAGE accounting software. (A new package will be introduced in the coming months).
- First line of communication for suppliers and sub-contractors with queries relating to payment and invoicing as well as preparing VAT and CIS returns and submitting to the Inland Revenue.
- Paying attention to CIS deductions and updating the control spreadsheet.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements, obtain missing information.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to obtain Construction Industry Scheme information, enter these into the Inland Revenue portal and verify contractors.
- Prepare for review the monthly CIS Statement and upload to the Inland Revenue portal.
- Support the FD with prepayments, accruals and depreciation calculations for the quarterly management accounts.
- Prepare for review a monthly VAT return and upload to Inland Revenue portal.
- Liaise with some customers regarding financial information requested.
- Summarise employee timesheets for overtime for submission to external accountant and enter into Sage for job costing purposes.
- Raise sales invoices as requested.
- Bank reconciliations and supplier payments.
- Liaising with suppliers, raising sales invoices, recording purchase invoices etc.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Liaise with external accountant where required.
It would be good to see candidates with:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- SAGE experience an advantage or another similar package
- An accounting qualification such as A.A.T would be an advantage
- Must be confident, able to work under own initiative and have good computer and telephone skills
- Able to work under own initiative
- IT. confident
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, AAT qualified, Book Keeper, Bookkeeping.
Hours: 2 to 3 days per week dependent on candidate preference
Salary: £10.00 - £13.00 per hour dependent on experience
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job