Job Title: Administration Assistant
£22,000 FTE (inc £2,500 LW) pro rata for 20 hours (£12,571 p.a.)
Temporary for 9 months, may be made permanent
25 days annual leave pro rata
5% contribution to a personal pension plan.
20 hours per week over 3 to 5 days pw. Days by arrangement but must include Tuesday, Wednesday and ideally Friday. Some out of hours work may be required for which time off in lieu will be granted.
Head of Finance and Administration
Main purpose of job:
To provide effective and efficient clerical and administrative support the to the Ataxia UK office.
- Provide a reception function and initial point of contact
- Deal with enquiries, correspondence and administration via telephone, email and post
- Develop and maintain office manual and electronic filing systems including HR records for recruitment, annual leave and sickness.
- Arrange meetings (both internal and external), and book venues, and attend and take minutes as required.
- Manage office diary.
- Assist with administration for conferences, meetings and events and attend as required
- Manage the ordering of office stationery and other supplies
- Ensure office equipment is maintained.
- Frank and take post to the post office.
- Make travel arrangements for staff and Trustees.
- Database entry.
- Attend supervisions and staff meetings as required
- Undertake professional development and training as required
- Monitor and proactively seek ways of improving systems and procedures to ensure efficiency, user friendliness and maximum impact
- In all areas of work ensure that due attention is given to compliance with company policy and the law regarding issues such as health and safety, confidentiality, data protection and risk management
- Undertake other reasonable duties as required.
- Previous office experience required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal English, and numerate. Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) standard including English and Maths.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a good team player.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Commitment to working with people with ataxia
- Knowledge and understanding of the barriers faced by people with a disability.
- Ability to take a sympathetic and patient approach when dealing with our Friends (members).
- Able to develop professional and effective relationships with colleagues and supporters.
- Systematic approach, with good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload, learn new skills and work to deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Support for the ethical use of animals in medical research and human embryonic stem cell research
- Willingness to undertake training as required
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector (paid or unpaid).
- Experience of working on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously