I am currently recruiting a 6 month fixed term contract for an Part-Time Accounts Assistant, working for a global law firm. This role will be based in the City of London.
My client is an international law firm specialising in litigation. Due to a busy period in the year they are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant on a 6 month fixed term contract.
They are currently looking for a Part-Time Accounts Assistant to cover maternity for 6 months. This will be 3 days a week, Monday to Wednesday.
This will be based in the City of London
Part-Time Accounts Assistant, City of London
Roles and Duties
- Handles invoice and employee reimbursement processing (including foreign transactions), audit expenses, coding, input and verification.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Issues petty cash and travel advances.
- Inputs petty cash, travel vouchers and invoices for the London and European offices.
- Processes (audit/coding) express and manual checks.
- Reviews and follow-up on vendor statements.
- Point of contact for staff inquiries.
- Liaises with internal support departments and the Firm's global offices, as necessary.
- Liaises externally with vendors to proactively resolve disputes and payments issues.
- Maintains catering cards.
- Processes client billing entries.
- Reviews excel charts for various analysis.
- Maintains cash receipts register and files for HMRC review.
- Reconciles petty cash.
- Performs basic clerical duties associated with accounts payable such as but not limited to scanning, filing, bank runs / paying in, responding to both verbal and written inquires, as well as special projects, as requested.
- In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm's information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Analytical and detail-orientated.
- A flexible approach to tasks and hours of duty, including overtime
- Self-motivated and persistent in ensuring tasks are efficiently and effectively completed.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact constructively with all levels of staff.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Strong team player.
- Is punctual, professional and reliable.
- Possesses basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum GCSE level of education required.
The successful candidate will be paid between £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata for 3 days a week