Part Time Accounts Analyst required for a well-recognised care company
£11.00 - £11.50 per hour, training, pension
Experienced and welcoming team
Interviewing before January 2018
Due to a period of continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Accounts Analyst to join us within our Children's Division. The role of the Accounts Analyst will form an integral part of the Divisional Finance Team within CareTech’s Children’s Residential and Fostering operation.
The Children’s Residential and Fostering division is made up of independent services from all over England, Scotland and Wales with Services in the highlands of Scotland, Yorkshire, London and as far down as the South coast.
The duties of the Accounts analyst will include variance analysis, cost controls and procedure implementations to ensure the spend within the services is measurable and transparent. This person will control and analyse areas of cost within the services, including but not limited to, Training, Agency, Direct wage costs etc.
Full Job Description:
• To provide detailed analyses of variances between actual costs incurred in a specific financial period against budgeted and forecasted costs.
• To understand the variances against budget and report on these to management personnel.
• To review current spending controls and propose enhanced procedures to enable beneficial cost control and more detailed financial information.
• To assist in future periods budgets and forecasting using the information gained from variance analyses.
• To prepare accounting journals to make provisions for expected costs based on the cost procedures implemented.
• To understand, produce and summarise prepayments and accruals to ensure the correct costs are allocated to the correct month.
• To produce timely (Weekly and Monthly), accurate reports that will enable financial and non-financial staff to understand various commercial aspects of the analyses work.
• To assist in month end accounting.
• Good Microsoft Excel skills. Preferably up to pivot table and graph reporting level.
• Accounting knowledge of prepayments and accruals.
• Analytical skills, problem solving and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent overall IT skills and the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
• Discreet and professional work ethic.
The role is part time and the number of hours can be discussed at the time of interview.
Working within the Children's care and fostering environment is very empowering. To be a part of a large team that has a lasting impact on the development of children is very rewarding. If you feel you have what it takes to become a key member of our team, please apply today!
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion; we do, however have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Team Leaders, Deputy Managers, Registered Managers.
- Social Care