The Business & Opportunity:
A well respected, growing and reputable North Leeds based accountancy practice is looking for Part-time Accountant to provide an excellent service to their client base. This consists predominantly of small businesses across a wide range of sectors.
Reporting to the Practice Partner, and working as part of a small team, you will take responsibility for the following tasks:
- Accounts Preparation to draft level, either taken from Excel based bookkeeping records, or from trial balance and ledger reports;
- Reconcile Balance Sheets;
- Prepare working files for Partner review;
- Draft Corporation tax computations;
- Help and guide clients with their bookkeeping, including cloud systems;
- VAT returns and registrations;
- Assist the payroll department with certain payrolls, along with queries including auto-enrolment and SSP/SMP etc.;
- Liaise with and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Must have worked within an accountancy practice;
- Accounts preparation experience, comfortable and experienced with limited company accounts, VAT returns and year end accounts;
- A working knowledge of Payroll to be able to support the payroll department;
- A formal accountancy qualification is NOT essential, hence they will happily consider Qualified by Experience, AAT, Part-qualified, as well as ACCA/ACA.
- Competent and experienced with cloud based accountancy packages, ideally Quickbooks and Xero. (A Knowledge of IRIS will also be helpful, but not a pre-requisite);
- Thrive in a small office environment, with good interpersonal skills to liaise well with clients;
What’s on offer:
- A competitive salary in the region of 25-28k (Full Time Equivalent) + Benefits;
- Part-Time hours, c20-30 per week. Flexible whether this is over full days, or spread over 5 the week;
- The opportunity to work in an established and growing firm, in a friendly environment;
- A North Leeds location offering free on-site parking. Easily accessible from all parts of Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, Wetherby and surrounding areas.
- Interviews are being conducted asap, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
N.B. Lyons Recruitment are exclusively retained on this recruitment campaign, hence applications via other sources will not be considered.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'