This key support role involves taking responsibility for:
- Book keeping and accountancy duties.
- Keeping all financial systems and records accurately up to date.
This part time role involves 25 hours per week and provides support to the Directors of the business. Hours and days of work is flexible. This is a temporary assignment for a duration of 12 months.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the efficient and timely operation and management of accounting, book-keeping, basic internal and external reporting functions.
- Logging supplier invoices, to be matched against purchase orders issued and entry of supplier invoices on sage purchase ledger.
- Communicate with suppliers where purchase invoice queries exist and resolve discrepancies.
- Responsible for Bank Reconciliations in different currencies GBP, USD and Eur.
- Take responsibility for the completion of transaction entries etc., on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep Supplier and Customer details up to date and in a consistent format on sage ledgers.
- Responsible for Credit control.
- Reconciliation of Petty cash on monthly basis.
- Preparation and posting of monthly sales invoices.
- Monthly preparation of EC sales list.
- Preparation and reconciliation of Quarter end control accounts.
- Responsible for quarterly UK VAT returns.
- Prepare spreadsheets for German VAT on a monthly basis, French VAT on quarterly basis and email them to external accountants.
- Responsible for quarter end and year end reporting.
Required Qualifications, Qualities & Experience:
- Experience of Sage is essential.
- Accounting qualifications advantageous.
- Bookkeeping experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job