Main Purpose of the job:
• To provide access to records for service users and ex service users who have requested access to their records under the Data protection Act.
• To facilitate and support the service users in accessing their records.
• Process subject access requests within the timescales and principles of the Data Protection Act
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
• Reading Children’s Social Care files and deciding what information can be shared with the service user applicant and what needs to be removed.
• Processing requests using an electronic Redaction system.
• To provide guidance, support and supervision to Business Support Officer, in absence of Complaints and Access to Records Manager.
• Negotiating with the applicants prior to preparing their records, in terms of what information they require.
• Ensuring that all relevant third party consents and identification information are received before disclosing information.
• To facilitate and support individuals in accessing their records, referring clients to appropriate support resources where necessary.
• Undertaking risks assessments to identify possible risk to client and staff, when facilitating client’s access to file.
• Where required, to sit with the applicant as they go through their records and answer questions and concerns raised by the applicant.
• Where there is uncertainty about what information can be shared to seek advice from line manager, Information Governance Team and Information Commissioners Office.
• Seek legal advice when required and alert line manager and Council’s Insurers to possible complaints/compensation claims.
• Record any historical abuse allegations and refer to line manager.
• Offer advice, guidance and training to other staff in the Directorate about how to provide access to current service users, including young people who are looked after.
• Accurately recording and monitoring received subject access request on corporate database.
• Periodically conducting service user satisfaction surveys.
• Producing performance statistics and monitoring information as required.
• Liaising with the Registry and Scanning Teams to arrange file collection and returns.
• Maintaining links and participating with the Post Care Forum group, and any other relevant groups which focus on post care access practice.
• Understanding of how to process Police Requests, directing and informing relevant parties, such as the Legal department, Safeguarding Team and Registry.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job