BillerudKorsnäs Beetham Ltd is part of BillerudKorsnäs AB (Sweden), a world leading international and innovative manufacturer of technical papers and provider of packaging solutions, employing approx 4,400 employees worldwide.
As a leading supplier of renewable packaging materials and solutions it is our way of challenging ourselves, our customers and all kinds of conventional packaging to promote a sustainable future.
Established in November 2012, through the merger of Billerud and Korsnäs, we pride ourselves with experience building on more than 150 years in the forestry and paper industry. Our expertise, ranging from raw material to consumer insights and environmental concerns, is key for unlocking the potential of paper and packaging solutions, and ultimately, to empower brands and businesses. Every day we help to save resources, increase profits and excite millions of consumers worldwide.
Our UK manufacturing site (employing approx 140 people) with a T/O in the region of £45m is an internationally recognised speciality paper manufacturer, being a Global/European leader in supplying paper products to the healthcare and food packaging markets. Based in the picturesque village/town of Beetham, Nr Milnthorpe in the Cumbrian Lake District, our manufacturing site has state of the art facilities.
Due to retirement, we are looking to recruit a qualified accountant to take up the position of Management Accountant. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this is an exciting and varied role for the successful candidate. The main purpose of this role is to support and assist the Head of Finance to ensure that all accounting procedures and practices comply with statutory obligations and company policies. It will be your responsibility to produce timely and accurate operational financial and management information to aid decision making by the Senior Management team.
- Weekly preparation of Profit and Loss report and distribution to management with accuracy and efficiency
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts, reporting to Group within specified deadlines
- Assist with the annual Budgeting process
- Maintain the product costings system
- Work closely with colleagues both locally and Group and provide cover for all duties as required
The successful candidate will be:
- Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant (preferably ACMA)
- Previous Manufacturing experience would be highly desirable but not essential
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and hit deadlines
- Strong IT skills (preferable Advanced Excel skills)
For the successful candidate an excellent remuneration and benefits/study package is on offer, some are listed below
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Bonus Scheme (discretionary)
- Hours of work, Monday - Friday 8.30 -5.00pm (1 hour lunch break)
- State of the Art office environment
- Free Parking
- Health plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental care
- Free eye tests
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a leading global business, which is at the forefront of its Industry. If you are an ambitious individual who wants to work for a business which is forward thinking and really cares about what they produce, this is the opportunity for you.
All direct applications will be forwarded to Jo Bennett Specialist Recruitment, whom is our recruitment partner for this piece of recruitment.
- Management Accounts
- Budget Process
- P&L Reporting