Sellick Partnership are currently seeking a Part Qualified Management Accountant to join a growing SME based in Greater Manchester. The organisation that we're working with is part of a hugely profitable group with ambitious 3 / 5 year growth plans. The business currently have a number of large finance projects and expect the successful candidate to play a central part in the development of these. Based out of the head office and reporting directly into the Finance Director the individual will play a central role in developing the reporting, controls and commercial decision making processes of the business. The post holder will play a critical role in the future success of the finance division so it's critical that the business bring in the right individual to fit in with this close knit team.
Once in role the part qualified Management Accountant position will be working in a central role with a reporting line directly into the Finance Director. The individual will be partnering with a range of key internal stakeholders so a strong personality and highly developed communication skills are a pre-requisite for this position
Specific details of the role include:
- Provide high level commercial and financial support for stakeholders across the business
- Develop the financial control framework across the business
- Identify and implement improved financial processes that can be rolled out across the organisation
- Work alongside the FD to develop an improved continuous improvement framework
- Line management of 3 AAT qualified accountants
- Develop improved cash management processes
- Production of budgets and forecasts across the subsidiary business
- Completion of monthly / quarterly and year end results
- Liaise with third party stakeholders including auditors, the bank and other statutory bodies
- Preparation of capital investment requests
- Develop improved costing processes on existing and new products
- Produce key management information and other key reports for senior management team
- Provide financial support to the senior management team and assist with all aspects of improving financial performance & profitability
- Investigate margin variances across the multiple brands
- Assist with the cash flow projections and finance KPI's
- Conduct key pieces of analysis on sales costs, revenues and overheads
- Completion of complex reconciliations and development of controls across the balance sheet
Candidates wishing to apply for the role will ideally be a part qualified CCAB accountant (study support will be offered to the successful candidate). The individual doesn't need specific sector experience but will need a strong reporting / commercial outlook and the ability to develop and improve processes across the finance team. This role offers the successful candidate the perfect opportunity to develop their trade within the subsidiary of a large group whilst having maximum partnering exposure with key stakeholders.
Ideally the candidate will have strong budgeting, forecasting and analysis skills and will be well versed with systems and implementing improved processes. Strong communication are absolutely essential for this as the candidate will be analysing large amounts of data and advising and liaising with senior stakeholders including the board, owners and divisional heads.