Simpson Judge are recruiting on behalf of a leading company who are looking for a Management Accountant who will be predominantly based in Manchester but will be required to work on contract location during the working week when necessary.
Work closely with the Finance Manager and the Contract Management Team in preparation of Monthly Management Accounts and in the provision of timely management information to support decision making and drive contract efficiencies.
- Provide strategic financial information and leadership at contract level.
- Support the Contract Management Team in driving contract efficiencies.
- Provide comprehensive, high quality analysis to aid and support business decision making.
- Lead the production of monthly management accounts and other financial information.
- Create a culture of easy to do business with and collaboration with the client.
- Preparation of management accounts through to trial balance for the contract.
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow for the contract.
- Working closely with General Managers around the annual Business Plan/Budget setting process.
- Support commercial teams by proactive engagement in the management of key contract balances including WIP, payments on account and cost accruals.
- Work with Commercial and Operational management to drive performance improvement.
- Management and development of an Assistant Accountant.
- Liaise with other contracts on inter-company balances and invoicing.
- Monthly reporting of contract results to the Management Board.
- Ensure timely and effective processing of transactions on the financial system.
- Overall responsibility for financial processes and procedures
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Competencies / Requirements
- Must hold a full UK driving licence and able to travel to Basingstoke on a regular basis.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and Computerised Accounting Systems.
- Excellent Communicator both verbal and written and a strong contributor in meetings.
- Exercises sound judgement and adds value through Challenge where appropriate.
- Strong personal drive and commitment to delivery of results.
- Demonstrates strong, analytical, creative and proactive thinking.
- Collaborative and committed to team work.
- Technically competent and well versed in financial disciplines.
- Ideally have experience in either the Construction, Highways Maintenance or Utilities industry.
In return you will be offered a competitive starting salary with company car/car allowance, study support and fantastic progression opportunity.