Our client is a leading and successful motor dealership network, operating over 30 sites across London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, on behalf of the industry's biggest manufacturers.
With a turnover in excess of £500M and over 700 staff, they now seek a dynamic Senior AssistantManagement Accountant (part qualified accountant), to manage key brands within their portfolio. Based in their Essex head quarters, the role reports to the Financial Controller and Brand Accountant.
Duites & Responsibilities
- Assist in the generation of monthly management accounts for a major brand with 14 sites.
- Assist with Balance Sheet Reconciliation IN FULL - Printed, filed, available for inspection.
- GP Reconciliation
- Accruals & Prepayments
- Statistical input
- Bonus accounting
- Labour CoS
- Parts stock reconciliation & provision
- Labour WIP - provided weekly
- Grant reconciliation reports
- Warranty reconciliations
- Budget preparation
- Franchise specific purchase ledger (5)
- Quarterly forecast preparation
- Monthly used car stock take
- Brand head & franchise relationship management
- Excellent communications skills - confident and comfortable discussing complex accounting issues with both their accounting colleagues and sales operational staff.
- Understanding of motor trade accounting.
- Self-motivated, able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- A team player committed to deliver their responsibilities AND the commitments of the entire accounting team.
- Currently studying CIMA (pref) or ACCA
- Competent with Excel (VLookup & Pivot Tables)
- Balance Sheet
- Management Accounts