Global IT / Telecommunications firm is looking for a part-qualified (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) Assistant Financial Accountant to join its EMEA Financial Reporting team based in central London.
Reporting to a Finance Manager, as part of a Financial Reporting team of around 30 people, the successful candidate will assist the team with the full financial reporting requirements for a region turning over £1bn+
- Reviews, verifies and approves transactions and journal entries.
- Prepares and reconciles income and balance sheet, profit and loss, consolidated and other accounting statements.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts and records in various general and/or cost accounting functions.
- Prepares, collects and analyzes financial data and prepares reports and recommendations.
- May design, modify, install and/or maintain general accounting systems.
- Involved with ensuring procedures and internal controls are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Candidates must be an early stage studier or part-qualified in ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Strong academic background preferred (University degree, decent A Levels etc)
- Candidates must have strong Assistant Accountant level experience, with solid month end experience, featuring journal postings and balance sheet reconciliations as a minimum
- Strong Excel skills are a must
- Experience of an ERP system such as Oracle or SAP would be an advantage
- Candidates will ideally have worked in a large and busy multi-national company, although this isn't essential
- However candidates must demonstrate the qualities to work in such an environment: dynamic, calm under pressure, hard-working, self-motivated, working off own initiative, excellent communication skills, team-work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"