Change Public Practice are delighted to be working with a mid-tier client in Edinburgh City Centre in the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant or Accounts Senior. This newly-created role will allow you the chance to work within a well-established Business Advisory Team to support management but will also offer you the chance to progress within the team to a Senior position.
This opportunity will suit an ambitious individual who is keen to quickly progress and will offer you the experience in training and development of the wider team.
Key duties within this role will include:
· Preparation of both annual and management accounts for varied portfolio of clients
· Provide a complete pack to managers for review which includes letter to the client and final accounts
· Support management in the workload and in the learning and development of junior staff
· Preparation of planning including budget and fee quotes and analytical review of the figures in the accounts
· Proofing of accounts and ensuring statutory disclosures are accurate
· Ad-hoc assurance work including grant claims and similar engagements
To be considered for this role:
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience working within Practice
· Part-Qualified ACCA/ICAS
· Strong background in accounts preparation essential
· Ability to manage own workload as well as junior staff
· Good organisational skills
The right person for this job must be ambitious, self-motivated and show a high level of initiative.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith