Our client is recruiting for a Part Qualified Accountant to support the directors with an agricultural portfolio of clients, to provide a full range of accounting and tax services. This successful firm has a range of agricultural clients and this role would suit someone who has previous experience of agricultural accounting within a practice environment.
As Part Qualified Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Accounts preparation and review of accounts and tax returns prepared by other members of the team, clearing all review points to director level, predominantly for farming businesses but will also include partnerships and sole traders
- Work towards developing relationships with agricultural clients to become their first point of contact on day-to-day matters
- Ensure that necessary adjustments are made to accounts after review and prior to finalisation with the client
- Job tracking and management to include preparation of draft documents
- Preparation of tax computations for review
- Delegate work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including review of work once completed
- Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern and recommend actions for improvement
- Be part of a team undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadlines; work towards managing audits for agricultural clients
To be considered for this role, you will satisfy the following criteria:
- Part qualified and currently studying ACA/ACCA; an exceptional qualified by experience accountant would be considered
- Significant experience gained within a practice environment, preferably working with agricultural clients, or with an agricultural background or interest
- Strong IT skills; MS Office - CCH, Xero, Sage and QuickBooks experience would be an advantage
- Be self-motivated, flexible and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of agricultural audit would be an advantage
Agricultural clients will be central to this role, hence the desire of the firm to find someone with previous experience in this field. However, if you have farming knowledge, come from a farming background or have the desire to work in this area of accounting, please do apply.
This dynamic practice will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package, study support and the opportunity for career progression within a growing firm of accountants.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Part Qualified Accountant role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
- Communication Skills
- Accounts Preparation
- IT Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'