An opportunity has arisen with a well established and truly unique business based in Peebles for a part qualified Assistant Accountant or QBE.
Within the organisation there are a number of different businesses which cover a number of different industries. With a finance team of 3, you will get a wide exposure to a variety of responsibilities and other areas within the business.
The position is offering a competitive hourly rate and eventually potentially study support package. Their offices are based in the city centre and are accessible via numerous public transport routes.
This role is a newly created position, which is being implemented to cater for the growth of the business.
You will be responsible for, but not restricted to the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing purchase ledger and sales ledger invoices
- Producing financial reports
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with improving processes and procedures
- Providing financial analysis
- Ad hoc financial administration
- Have a degree in a relevant subject (i.e. accounting & finance etc) and either already be registered or plan to complete your professional accounting qualification
- Have a minimum of 6 - 12 months experience working in a finance or accounting role
- Possess the ability to work as part of a small team in a complex environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with key internal and external stakeholders
A competitive rate