An opportunity has arisen with a well established and truly unique business based in Edinburgh for a part qualified Assistant Accountant.
With an extensive and varied history, this companies routes can be traced back hundreds of years. Overtime they have diversified their product ranges and services. Within the organisation there are a number of different businesses which cover a number of different industries. With a finance team of 3, you will get a wide exposure to a variety of responsibilities and other areas within the business.
You will be responsible for, but not restricted to the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing purchase ledger and sales ledger invoices
- Producing financial reports
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with improving processes and procedures
- Providing financial analysis
- Ad hoc financial administration
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a degree in a relevant subject (i.e. accounting & finance etc) and either already be registered or plan to complete your professional accounting qualification
- Have a minimum of 6 - 12 months experience working in a finance or accounting role
- Possess the ability to work as part of a small team in a complex environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with key internal and external stakeholders
The position is offering an excellent rate. Their offices are based in Edinburgh and are accessible via numerous public transport routes.