Salary range: £26,000-£35,000
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and urban planning together in a single workspace. We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible. Today a team of 200, we are involved in a number of significant and extraordinary projects across the world.
Job responsibilities and main duties:
We are looking for talented Part 2 Designers/Architects for a number of commercial, residential and cultural projects to work in our London office.
- work as part of a team of architects and designers contributing to both design and delivery of projects
- set work schedules and deliver to schedule
- develop design concepts and establish final briefs
- consider materials and costs according to set budgets
- research materials
- prepare detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, often using computer-aided design software
- keep up to date with new developments in the design and architecture industry.
- takeresponsibilityasassignedandassistwiththeproductionoffeasibilityreports,designproposals, detailedworkings,drawings,models,specifications,presentations, reports,applicationsforplanningandbuildingcontrol,tendersandotherdocumentsas required.
Skills, Qualifications and Essential Characteristics:
University degree with a Part 2 Architecture qualification (or equivalent)
Proven professional experience in a design or architecture practice as part of a design team, with technical detailing skills and experience delivering drawing packages.
Candidates should be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication, numeration and organisational skills; good spoken and written English is essential.
Candidates must provide a portfolio of work to be assessed for suitability on concept design and drawing skills as well as presentation.
Candidates should have excellent rendering skills with proven experience using, Creative Suite, Rhino and Grasshopper with 3D modelling skills. Knowledge of Revit is not essential but would be highly advantageous.
To be considered, please send a brief CV, examples of your work in A4 and a covering letter quoting posting DA-001 with reasons why you would like to join us by the closing date of 13th March 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job