Adecco are currently recruiting for a Parking Officer for a West London local authority.
- Parking Officer
- Remote working until restrictions ease
- Full time - 35 hours per week
- Temporary role - 3 months (possible extension)
- £16.75 per hour PAYE / £21.68 per hour Umbrella
- ASAP Start (pending registration and compliance)
This is a customer service based role dealing with and responding to written complaints and enquiries regarding Penalty Charge Notices (PCN's).
The successful candidate will be able to investigate, collate evidence and prepare submissions for hearings.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To assist the Business Processing Manager in ensuring parking administration is carried out efficiently & effectively within prescribed timescales.
- Preparing for and attending/representing the Council at appeals - collate evidence & prepare appeals submissions within specified timescales for hearings at London Tribunals, in accordance with legislation relevant to parking & Council policie Attend appeal hearings & give evidence on behalf of the Council as necessary and attend other monitoring groups & other associated meetings at London Tribunals as directed.
- Dealing with Representations - consider, exercise permitted discretion, decide on, respond to & take follow-up actions on objections & statutory representations made in connection to Penalty Charge Notices in line with legislation relevant to parking & traffic enforcement & council policies.
- Maintaining records & filing systems (including revenue & statistical records) as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the section & all deadlines are met. Maintain records of Traffic Management Orders (TMO) & other regulations & liaise with other departments as requir
- Running systems reports as required
- Dealing with general PCN and permit enquiries via telephone, e-mail or by postal correspondence including PCN and permit complaints - investigate and draft responses to complaints and enquiries for the department and assist in the investigation of members enquiries from the public and councillors, with regards to general enquiries for PCNs, permits and bailiff condu
- Assisting with special projects - work with colleagues in implementing special projects: for example, new controlled parking zone
- Integrating legislative changes into work practices - take timely account of changes in parking & traffic enforcement & associated legislation & adapt work processes to their requiremen
- Training Others - assist in the training & development of colleagues in skills & knowledge areas relevant to the teams' wor This will include assisting with induction as well as training on new procedures, technology & legislation.
- Assessing Applications for parking dispensations, suspensions & permits - receive, assess & notify the results of postal & online applications for dispensations, suspensions, permits, vouchers & badges in both virtual & hard copy form.
- Negotiating & monitoring instalment payment plans - negotiate, agree & implement instalment payment plans with customers who are experiencing financial difficulty, taking account of their specific circumstances in each cas Keep up to date with the key issues in debt management & welfare rights to support this role. Monitor the progress of all such instalment plans, taking remedial actions as necessary.
- Action Enforcement Requests - receive requests for enforcement action & complain Initiate action reports on the in-house computer system. Receive details of actions taken & notify complainant of results as appropriate.
- Interrogating & updating Computer Systems - be fully conversant with the PCN and permit processing systems, using it to investigate & update records and cases under appea
- Telephone Enquiries - deal with a variety of telephone calls from a wide range of customers & their representatives, often in tense & delicate situation Explain complex legislation & procedures clearly, simply & sympathetically to a wide range of people. Update computer records accordingly to maintain reliable & robust case histories.
- Taking Telephone Payments and processing refunds - take payment details for customers paying permits by credit card & debit card. Verify the cards details & confirm successful transaction Where transactions are unsuccessful take appropriate follow-up action. Process refunds for permits in accordance with the parking permits refunds policy. Keep accurate records of those transactions & activities.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'