Parking Enforcement Officer
Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated, enjoy working with people and being outside? You will be based in Witney covering the West Oxfordshire District. No previous experience required, all training will be provided.
Please state if you have a valid driving license in your covering letter with CV.Responsibilities
- To patrol, the streets and off-street car parks within the District that are subject to restrictions in accordance with the regulations. Maintaining accurate records of patrols and to issue penalty charge notices to contravening vehicles, using handheld computers, written notes and photographs.
- To advise and assist members of the public on parking procedures and general enquiries including giving directions
- To monitor, report and enforce any misuse of the disabled blue badge scheme
- Able to work a 2 week shift pattern; working 37 hours per week, by rota, including alternate Saturdays. And the additional hours, which are three Sundays per year, one Bank holiday per year and three evening shifts, all at enhanced rates.
- Ability to attend training to attain the relevant enforcement qualifications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work across the range of duties
- To be able to work outside in all weathers, (all weather uniform provided).
- Good time keeping
- GCSEs including English and Maths or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Must have current driving licence and the ability to meet travelling needs of the job
- Customer focused and the ability to deal with people
- Knowledge of parking regulations would be an advantage
- Experience in an enforcement role.
- Experience of working or volunteering in a customer focused environment
The successful applicant will need a positive attitude and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
- Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
- Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
- Flexible - Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
- Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- Please state if you have a valid driving license in your covering letter with CV.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- Please note that this position requires Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- Time Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"