Parking Enforcement Officer
Reporting to: Parking Team Leader
Our client is looking for a Parking Enforcement Officer to cover the Councils in the South Leicestershire areas to control and regulate the parking of vehicles on streets, car parks and on any other Council owned or operated space and to issue Penalty Charge Notices as appropriate.
The role will include (but is not limited to) tasks such as:
- To patrol Car Parks and public roads as instructed to ensure that all vehicles are parked in accordance with the law
- To check all tickets or permits displayed for validity
- To issue lawful notices such as Penalty Charges, Fixed Penalties and Incident Reports
- To ensure that all car park signs and equipment is maintained and to note and report any defects to signs and lines on streets and car parks
- To perform cash handling duties if required
- To regulate traffic flow
- Maintaining public safety by ensuring vehicles are parked legally and correctly
- To be competent with the correct information when asked a question by a member of the public
- To empty cash from machines and carry out counting, sorting and banking duties as instructed
- To present a smart, clean and polite image to customers and to wear uniform correctly at all times.
You will need to be familiar and comply with the Council’s general health and safety policies and procedures and to report any accidents, incidents or hazards during the course of your work to your line manager for action.
The post holder will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and to work from a nominated base, in accordance with the rotating shift pattern and will be expected to travel to and from these places of work at their own expense. Hours 7.30-15.30 or 10.00-18.00 Monday - Saturday on a rotating shift basis (37 hours a week)
This is a temp to perm position with an hourly rate of £9.03 which will increase to £9.50 after successfully completing the probationary period. No experience necessary, although preferred, for the right candidate.
If you feel that you could be the right person for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV in response to this advert
A driving licence and your own transport is essential for this role.
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job