About the role
Re are looking for a Parking Design Engineer to work in the Design Team on behalf of the wider Highways Service and ensure the delivery of cost effective and quality services in accordance with Re's vision and values.
You will also provide technical support in the effective and efficient promotion, design and execution of projects, schemes, investigations and analysis as required within budgets and programmes.
You will join our high performing team based in Barnet, North London, and be involved in a range of parking schemes, with a particular focus being on various regeneration schemes currently underway.
With 700km of road and 1400km of footways, the London Borough of Barnet is the second largest of the London Boroughs.
In 2015, the London Borough of Barnet became the most populous borough in London. This increase has been driven in part by the council's growth agenda and by the popularity of Barnet as a place to live, with high quality housing and good transport connections.
The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnet's complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department of Re.
From construction to completion; our highways team deal with all elements of highway design and works not only for Barnet, but for other local authorities.
The London Borough of Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment. It is definitely not a sleepy council.
What you will do:
- Developing briefs, feasibility studies and undertake design and implementation of parking schemes, projects and programmes for small and medium sized projects as allocated, including drawing using specialist IT Software.
- Assisting with the design and supervision of projects, preparation of estimates, working drawings and Contract documents for projects of varying complexity.
- Assist in designing specifications and cost estimates, issuing works requisitions, liaising with and supervising contractors and monitoring costs.
- Review parking scheme obligations submitted as part of a S106 development agreement.
- Assisting in obtaining the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals and in the preparation, supervision and administration of associated consultants' commissions or contracts.
- To lead on projects as allocated.
- Assisting with, or carry out condition surveys and site surveys as directed and to assist with, or carry out the preparation of reports on findings. To assist in the introduction of new methods as necessary to ensure efficient use of resources, including taking an active role in promoting best value.
- Be able to assess a variety of existing and proposed highway layouts - including town centre schemes, traffic signals, road safety schemes, route studies, cycle bus or School initiative schemes.
Your experience will include:
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in parking / traffic / highway engineering
- Experience designing, reviewing and implementing Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs)
- Experience using ParkMap software for managing parking and traffic regulations
- General Knowledge of Traffic and Transport Polices and Legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously from inception to completion
- Good written and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'