Job reference number 82325
Parcels Enterprise Architect
Mount Pleasant Mail Centre
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
Working in the Enterprise Architecture team, the Enterprise Architect will work with senior technology and business stakeholders to understand and shape Royal Mail’s strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets and needs.
The Enterprise Architect will bridge the gap between multiple stakeholders both within the technology team and wider business areas of Royal Mail. They will achieve this by being embedded within the business domain that they support.
Head of Enterprise Architecture Domains
- You will provide the following services:
- Develop roadmaps
- Define target state visions
- Help shape the technology project portfolio
- Ensure high-level architecture governance
- Engage with IT Portfolio Directors to understand and help align future programmes of work to an integrated strategic vision.
- Communicate, promote and, where necessary, work with the Chief Enterprise Architect to update the IT Strategy.
- Set technology direction through development of target state visions and roadmaps.
- Identify areas of work that could be assigned to the Enterprise Architecture Centres of Excellence.
- Drive Royal Mail standards for enterprise technology and ensure that adherence to those standards is monitored and followed by the Technology Organization.
- Lead resolution of lifecycle decisions on enterprise technology.
- Coordinate research & innovation ideas, for example cloud based solutions, and how these can be integrated into Royal Mail.
- Lead collaboration with other architects and business users to gain enterprise alignment.
- Manage proof of concept activity to identify innovation opportunities.
- Support the professional development of Technology Organization colleagues.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Computer science degree (or STEM equivalent).
- Experience as an enterprise architect 5+ years.
- Experience working as an enterprise architect in a large corporate organisation.
- A broad range of business, data, systems and technology architecture experience.
- Hands-on experience of conceptual system or process modelling.
- Experience in running governance processes in large organizations.
- Able to persuasively communicate to all project and client staff and stakeholders up to CxO level.
- TOGAF certified preferred (training in TOGAF will be provided).
Key dimensions (e.g. this may include operational budgets, staff numbers, key areas of expenditure or impact)
Analytical thinking: You will be able to understand complex environments and arrive at pragmatic solutions.
Communication: You have excellent communication skills and are a passionate change champion.
Customer focused: You will understand customer (internal and external) needs and keep customer satisfaction at the forefront of your work.
Vendor experience: You will have good vendor selection and negotiation skills.
Influencing: Significant influencing of key stakeholders and project teams to ensure architecture compliance is met
90 Days: You are self-motivating. You have the ability and drive to take full control and responsibility for the area that you work in. You will use the first 90 days to become the “go to” person for high-level architecture within the business domain that you are working in.
Level: Level 2
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 03/05/2018
Architecture, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job