Job Title: Parcel Sorter/Loader part time
Location: Kidlington OX5
Salary £8.00./£8.50 per hour minimum (pay rise after 13 and 26 weeks)
Shift: start 16.00 finish 20.00
Job Type: This position is expected to start in about two weeks time. Initially this will be ad hoc work but we are expecting full time, ongoing work to be available and could lead to more solid work.
The successful applicant will need to come to Southampton for a job interview, please do not apply if you are unable/ not willing to do so.
Job role & responsibilities:
- Sorting items by hand into compartments on a sorting frame,
- Overseeing the automatic sorting process, ensuring that the machinery is in full working order,
- Bagging and labelling mail for its destination,
- Moving parcels around the depot
- Moving mailbags from cages, sorting mailbags and bundles of mail into cages,
- Loading and unloading wheeled containers from vehicles to the dispatch areas.
- Scanning parcels
- Unloading parcels from the trailer
- Loading parcels onto the conveyor belt
- Be able to lift and carry mailbags and boxes weighing up to 20kg and to push containers weighing up to 250kg
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Have a good grasp of the English Language both written and spoken
- Have previous experience in a similar position
- Be IT literate and confident in using scanners/ computers
Due to the nature of the role, the company requires an in depth security clearance check (we are unable to accept applications from anyone who has a criminal record for sexual offences, violence or theft/ fraud) and 5 years worth of address history. Anyone who can not provide this information will automatically be rejected.
Simple Recruitment Services Ltd are acting as an employment agency in this instance. It is not always possible to respond to every applicant, so if you have not heard back from us in 7 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in this occasion. Simple Recruitment Services Ltd will retain your information, and may make contact in the future should other suitable positions become available
Simple Recruitment Services Ltd are an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job