Job title: Paraplanner
Salary: £20,000 -£30,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: Full or Part Time (minimum 30 hours)
Closing date: 16/10/2018
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Paraplanner to join a busy team within Whitfeld Financial Planning Ltd who are a highly successful Appointed Representative of St. James’s Place Wealth Management Plc.
St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc (SJP) is a leading, and highly regarded FTSE 100 UK Wealth Management company which distributes a range of investment and retirement products and financial solutions to a high net worth client base. St. James’s Place Wealth Management has funds under management in excess of £90bn.
The Practice has been highly successful and experienced year on year growth since it was established in 2016. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a reputable firm who believe in employee development and offer genuine scope for progression.
You will be providing vital paraplanning support to the Partner and Advisers; researching products, investment strategies and financial planning solutions, tax calculations, preparing financial planning and recommendation reports for client meetings, including provision of a high level of technical support. You will need to ensure that the business obtained is being processed compliantly and in a timely manner involving work with internal processing systems.
You will have knowledge of and demonstrable experience in an IFA or Wealth Management environment. You will hold the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Services, be FPC qualified or have considerable industry experience in business processing and submission. You will be articulate, numerical and have experience of administration in the areas of Inheritance Tax Planning, Pensions, Investments and Protection as well as composing accurate suitability letters. You must be able to show initiative, have excellent IT skills and be a strong communicator. As you will have contact with clients, it is essential that you are professional and confident in dealing with third parties, have excellent communication skills and can work with total discretion.
Job Description - Paraplanner
Whitfeld Financial Planning Ltd
Practice Manager & Director
To support the Partner/Practice Manager when informing and advising Clients on financial strategies, plans and products, and organise the technical task, illustrations and reports.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Fully analyse clients’ requirements, develop cash flow models and accurately record client data;
- Research and analyse financial products to meet Client requirements and objectives;
- Construct financial planning solutions (investment, retirement, tax and estate planning) supported by the production of computer models and reports;
- Prepare suitability letters and reports (liaising with administrators), taking full responsibility for the client files and back office IT records throughout the advice process;
- Prepare client reviews, updating cash flow models, investment performance reviews and production of supporting reports, discussion documents and computer models;
- Deal with general client queries and attend client meetings with the Partner as required.
- Work with other Practice colleagues to ensure application and provider forms are prepared as required and clients are updated throughout the process;
- Stay abreast of legislative changes and other regulatory issues taking necessary action as required;
- Work within and stay up to date with template changes and advice notes;
- Ensure that any business conducted is done in a responsible and compliant manner, meeting all legislative requirements, both internally and externally.
- Undertake continuous professional development to meet regulatory requirements and personal development needs.
Occasional travel to other SJP locations.
Knowledge and experience:
- Previous paraplanning experience within an IFA or Wealth Management environment;
- Minimum Level 4 Diploma PFS qualified or working towards it (or FPC qualified with significant industry experience);
- Familiar with all major research systems (e.g. Analytics, Voyant etc.);
- Experience of the Pension Transfer market. [ Whilst a knowledge of Final Salary Pension Transfer market would be desirable, it is not essential.]
- Experience of the administration of IHT and/or Investment products;
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of relevant regulation and legislation;
Skills and behaviours:
- Able to transpose information accurately;
- Strong numeracy skills
- Comfortable using templated Suitability Letters;
- Confident in dealing with third parties and can work with total discretion;
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills;
- Broad experience of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Manages time effectively with the ability to multi-task;
- Keeps calm when faced with conflicting demands and handles these effectively;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude at all times;
- Works well on own tasks as well as on shared goals as part of a team;
- Enthusiasm to help clients.
Please note that this Partner Practice will conduct a standard Financial and Identity check on any candidates who are offered a role within this Practice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"