Our client, an independent financial advisory company are looking to recruit a full time Paraplanner to join their expanding wealth department at our office in Bishop’s Stortford.
Your role as Paraplanner will focus on the professional and efficient input into client cases, working with two of the four advisers in the team. You will be a main point of contact for clients alongside the advisers and will represent the department and company as a whole and be able to demonstrate and communicate technical knowledge where needed. It will be your responsibility to work with advisers in meetings, research, report writing and plan review work.
- Attend meetings with advisers, take minutes and lay out course of action for the team (and the clients if applicable).
- Liaise with clients’ accountants and solicitors where necessary.
- Be a main point of contact for clients alongside advisers and answer their queries as far as possible to reduce adviser time spent on telephone queries.
- Make sure client is kept informed (often by monitoring contact is maintained by other members of staff when a case is with them).
- Do product research across the whole of the market, in areas such as Pensions, Investments and Protection.
- Do fund research (using analytics), sometimes putting together bespoke fund recommendations (using the company's in-house asset allocation as a guide). This is usually followed by writing the switch recommendation letter to be signed off by the adviser.
- Make plan, performance and charges comparisons.
- Do calculations such as Capital Gains tax calcs on withdrawals/ tax calculations on lump sums from Drawdown accounts.
- Be a central figure in the team to ensure that cases are managed as they make their way around the team (from administrator doing LOAs, to paraplanner to do research, to adviser signing off a report).
- Build Voyant plans and make bespoke analysis based on the client’s objectives. Use the tool to assess capacity for loss and impact of an action on the lifetime financial plans of the client, for the company's peace of mind when considering making a recommendation.
- Write suitability reports - sometimes based on in-house templates, sometimes from scratch.
- Support the administrative team, ensuring that all systems, software and processes are understood in full in order that work can be picked up when the team are extremely busy, or when certain staff members are absent.
- Take the details of an initial query from a new lead by telephone and be able to explain the company's way of working and charging structure on request.
The Ideal Candidate will have;
- Level 4 Qualification in Financial Planning, or have completed at least two exams towards it
- Outstanding technical knowledge
- Previous experience in working within a financial planning team on investment and pension business, as a paraplanner
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
Working hours - 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch each day.
Job Type - Full Time
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job