The Company: UNIQ Family Wealth is an award winning Financial Planning firm, amongst the highest qualified practices in the UK. With offices in Cardiff, London and Bristol they support families and individuals to make the most of their wealth via intelligent investment, retirement, mortgage and tax thinking. They are defined by their personalised, hands-on service and driven by their commitment to care - treating each of their clients’ finances as if they were our own.
The Role: Joining the head office team in Cardiff I am looking for an experienced Paraplanner, ideally used to providing technical research and analysis to support the provision of comprehensive financial advice to high net worth clients. You will either be Diploma (Dip PFS) qualified or working towards the diploma (support with training will be provided if required).
Assist the advisors in the delivery of exceptional client service.
Collate and maintain information and documents required to support the advice team in providing compliant advice.
Analyse portfolios, performance, benchmarks, progress towards goals, and asset allocation.
Assist with the preparation of rebalancing and new investment recommendations with all attendant tax planning opportunities observed.
Prepare advice letters, detailed reports and financial plans.
Create and maintain clients' cash flow forecasts/balance sheets.
Ensure all supporting documentation and back office systems are maintained and all client files remain compliant.
Provide an efficient, friendly and professional point of contact for clients and enquiries by telephone, email and in person.
Attend client meetings with other advisers as required and produce follow up notes and work to a high standard.
CPD - ensuring you remain fully up to date with developments in legislation, investment and technology.
Contribute to development of best practice within the Financial Planning Team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role.
- Diploma in Financial Planning (Dip PFS) or working towards the diploma (support with training will be provided).
- Experience of comprehensive financial planning, preferably with experience of dealing with high net worth clients.
- Strong technology and mathematical aptitude and good report writing skills.
- Experience of cash flow modelling - preferable, not essential.
- Ability to manage workflow effectively.
- Professional appearance and confident manner, with the necessary communication skills to build professional relationships with team, clients and professional connections.
The successful Paraplanner will enjoy a highly rewarding career working for an award winning and progressive company who invest in their staff and value and reward individual contribution.
Dawn O’Shea recruits directly on behalf of UNIQ Family Wealth so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If you are successful in being short-listed you will be contacted by telephone to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail.
- Financial Planning
- Technical Research