Paraplanner, Welwyn Garden City, £40k+ bonus and benefits
Paraplanning is a technical function that supports and informs the work of Advisers in all areas of finance, including pensions, tax and investment management. Your key role as a Paraplanner is to process the personal information provided by clients during a meeting with their Adviser, before researching the best solutions that meet each client's financial needs and assisting Advisers with the presentation of the recommendation (usually in the form of a Suitability Report).
It is not your role to give financial advice, but to produce letters, reports and supporting evidence for consideration. You are expected to undertake technical analytical work, which may include cash-flow forecasting and investment analysis. You should keep the Adviser and the client up to date with communications as appropriate. It is not anticipated that you will be involved in direct client communication very often but the Adviser may request it in certain circumstances.
* Research and data gathering as required.
* Confirm client risk profile is determined.
* Discuss client objectives with the Adviser and work requirements.
* Assist the Adviser in identifying areas for planning.
* Undertake research, both independently and with the Adviser, to identify suitable solutions to meet clients' needs.
* Prepare information / comparisons for analysis by the Adviser.
* Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
* Pre-populate application/proposal forms (when requested).
* Source relevant compliance paperwork / disclosure documentation as per the recommendation.
* If required, act as a point of contact and deal effectively with non-advice queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
* Assist Advisers with ad hoc requirements. These could range from non-advice related reports to assisting with annual review reports and other activities.
* Ideally working towards Diploma Level 4 (CII) and showing willingness to study and gain relevant qualifications
* Maintaining CPD knowledge in line with company requirements
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.