A experienced Senior Partner (Financial Advisor) within St. James’s Place Wealth Management is recruiting for a Part or Fully Diploma Level Paraplanner to join her team, based in the Hamilton Place office, Mayfair, London.
Working in a small team environment, working directly with the Financial Advisor & Personal Assistant.
The Paraplanner shall provide full technical support to the team in terms of technical meeting preparation, and Suitability Letter writing for all transfer, replacement and new business cases, drawdowns, drawdown reviews, protection and EIS/VCT letters.
This role would be particularly suited to someone seeking a long-term career as a Paraplanner, and shall be Part or Fully Diploma level 4 qualified, with a view to working towards Chartered status.
The role is available on a Full time basis.
The Paraplanner role will compile of a mix of Technical and Administrative duties including (but not exclusively) the following:
- Full review of client file and detailed technical meeting preparation; investment research, analytics and preparing proposed advice structure with business owner, ahead of client meetings
- Detailed attention to existing client files and needs - working with business owner to identify current and future opportunities in line with Practice objectives.
- Face to face and telephone debriefs with business owner after client meeting, note taking and technical discussions/advice structuring.
- Contact with clients, post meeting with follow up notes issued, where appropriate.
- Dealing with all technical actions arising from client meetings, ready for further presentation to business owner to take to the next stage.
- Dealing with all incoming client technical queries by both telephone and email.
- Preparation of all Suitability letters, including transfer/replacement, new business, drawdown, drawdown reviews, protection and EIS/VCT letters.
- Preparing critical yield calculations and general sense checking of cases.
- Keeping up to date with all regulatory and financial market/industry changes.
- Providing a personalised and professional service internally and externally at all times.
- Preparing a compliant CFR, when submitting a case via SWIFT.
- Management and close monitoring of work in progress/business issued.
- Keeping day-to-day tasks up to date on task system and actioning as appropriate.
- Career Paraplanner, focused on continual professional development.
- Self-motivated without the need to work under direct supervision.
- Comfortable working both with a team and alone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be able to adapt to last-minute changes.
- Enjoys working on a 1:1 basis with the business owner and building close relationships with clients.
- Ability to be able to deal with High Net Worth (HNW) individuals at ease and understand their needs.
- Excellent attention to detail and good level of suitable first time compliance rates.
- Methodical and thorough work style
- Well-presented and professional.
Technical skills requirements
- Part or Fully Diploma qualified (DipPFS)
- Prior experience in a similar Paraplanning position.
- Highly computer literate, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Cashflow planning software knowledge
- SWIFT experience
- Salary: £30-45K per annum pro-rata (salary based on qualifications and experience)
- Location: Mayfair, London (W1J 7)
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Start date: ASAP / New Position
- Holiday: 25 days per annum
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please apply online.
- Financial Advice
- Financial Services
- Wealth Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job