Paraplanner - Farringdon
I am currently recruiting for a Wealth Management organisation based in Farringdon, London for a Paraplanner.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years + industry experience, experience of lifetime cashflow modelling, preferably with Voyant and at least CII Diploma qualified or equivalent.
Purpose of Role
To provide financial planning support to advisers in a successful team and assist them in delivering an outstanding holistic financial planning service to new and existing clients with clarity and in the context of the degree of complexity advising these clients necessarily involves.
My client provides wealth planning and investment management to both high net worth individuals and businesses. They are independent, allowing them to provide objective advice that is aligned to a client's best interests, delivered by teams steeped in financial services knowledge and experience. They have built their firm on integrity and trust, because doing what is right for their clients is best for their business.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Already be in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with sophisticated clients
- Have 5 years minimum experience within the independent sector of the financial service industry
- Be working towards becoming a Chartered Financial Planner (or IFP equivalent)
- Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
- Have broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers
- Understands the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling
- Ideally have experience of Voyant cashflow modelling software and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages. Computer literacy being a pre-requisite of this role
- Previous experience of using Intelliflo an advantage
The role comprises, but may not be restricted to:
- Preparing for and attending all client meetings wherever possible, taking detailed written notes and following up on any technical points after the meeting.
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, their professional advisers and others.
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients
- Preparing a series of lifetime cashflow models relevant to each client's circumstances, objectives and possible financial outcomes.
- Communicating these models to each client in person and subsequently in writing. Dealing with queries and modified scenarios as required.
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each client's lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients' financial plans, circumstances and objectives
- Dealing with complex and technical client queries as and when they arise
- Interpreting new technical information, legislative and regulatory changes from various in-house and external sources and ensuring the team remains compliant with FCA and internal compliance procedures.
- Engaging with intelligent, demanding clients (many of whom are investment professionals themselves) consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding, long term relationships.
- Liaising with other technical staff and other resources in order to ensure consistent improvement of the client experience.
- Can be a resourceful and creative problem solver, capable of embracing the role quickly and progressing to working largely unsupervised
- Able to analyse and evaluate information in detail and reach suitable conclusions as needed
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex strategies with clarity.
- Can be efficient, punctual and presentable at all times, creating a consistently professional impression.
- Is able to work well under pressure and use their own initiative
- Always demonstrates exceptional attention to detail
- Has the ability to build a strong proactive working relationship with the advisers, for whom they will provide technical support, and the clients and providers with whom they will deal with.
- Has the aptitude to assist the advisers and their clients in an enthusiastic and proactive forward thinking manner using organisational, managing, and prioritising skills. A high level of organisation is important.
- Is driven to learn, able to think laterally and apply new ideas and skills to their role
- Has the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and needs and new challenges
- Can always remain focused and motivated to deliver an exceptional level of customer service at all times to clients, third parties and also internally to colleagues.
- Is always professional in the workplace and always supportive and respectful to colleagues
- 5 years Paraplanning experience
- lifetime cashflow modelling