Global Financial Adviser requires a Qualified paraplanner.
Our Clients have been providing financial advice to clients for over 100 years. As an independent business, largely owned by partners, directors and staff, they are always able to put their clients first.
They are unique in the market, offering investment management, financial advisory and accountancy services as well as private banking.
With 13 offices and global reach through membership of Nexia International, they are big enough to be competitive. Yet size means you`ll be part of a friendly, enthusiastic team - and get to know colleagues across the firm.
Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience as a Paraplanner
- FS qualifications preferable
- Knowledge of IFA Back Office Systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Articulate and confident in dealing with HNW clients with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Technical knowledge of pensions, life and investments products and compliance
- Able to work to tight deadlines, organise and prioritise workload
Job Role /Key Task
- Write recommendations reports for pension transfers and contributions, offshore bonds, investments (ISA/Unit Trusts/bonds etc).
- Prepare all documentation when sending a report i.e. quotes, fact sheets KFDs etc and pre completing forms for client to send back.
- Dealing with new investments and switches etc - buying selling funds online/bed and ISA transactions.
- Processing new business online. Dealing with providers to ensure that plans are set up properly.
- Analysing existing business. Proactively review client files and highlight discussion points prior to any client interaction for their annual review meeting
- Putting together portfolios for new business and keeping up to date on performance of the funds.
- Attending product provider meetings introducing new products and funds.
- Researching product costs and new products to find the best value/plans for certain client needs.
- Keeping up to date on changes to legislation to ensure that advice is correct.
- Calculating capital gains/tax for client portfolio or carry forward/Lifetime Allowance where required
- Entering client portfolios into FS back Office System to assess performance.
- Inheritance tax planning work - gifting into trust.
- Putting together and maintaining report templates to ensure they are up to date with legislation.
- Compliance - ensuring FCA and internal compliance procedures are followed
- Suitability Letters
- Technical reports