London - £40,000
- To have a thorough understanding of my client’s advice process, Strategy and Suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales.
- To understand each client’s circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate. If not, then an ability to challenge the adviser concerned to better understand why the recommendation is being proposed.
- Prepare analysis of client’s existing portfolio / holdings.
- Conducting research and produce client facing Strategy Reports to facilitate business writing opportunities.
- Prepare research and quotations for client meetings.
- Dealing with client and provider correspondence (as part of the research and reporting process).
- To follow my client’s Client Services process to deliver a personalised and high quality service to Partners.
- Prepare valuations and portfolio commentary for client meetings and updates.
- Liaise with colleagues, Compliance and Bankhall to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Input all client information into the back office system and ensure all tasks are recorded and acted upon within the agreed timescales. Ensure client history is maintained.
- Provide regular updates to the Partner.
- Develop working relationships with product providers.
- Understand workflow and be able to deliver and report against various tasks, ensuring all concerned parties can easily review case status.
- Work closely with other Paraplanners and Head of Paraplanning to share ideas and best practice, including assisting Manager with all aspects of a good customer experience and identify any improvements that can be made.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with skills and experience.
- To participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
- To continuously meet the regulator’s Fit & Proper requirements.
- Minimum level 4 qualified.
- Previous experience of working as a paraplanner within an IFA environment conducting research and writing strategy and recommendation reports for HNW clients.
- Knowledge and experience of paraplanning pre and post retirement scenarios (including pension transfers), investments and taxation and more complicated advice such as IHT planning, DB pension transfers and structured investments.
- Knowledge and experience of SIPP providers, permitted investments and specialist funds.
- Proven experience of writing quality client friendly reports that meet compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of research tools such as O&M, Advisa Centa, Assureweb, Defacto, Trustnet, Analytics
- Ability to balance commercial needs with compliance requirements.
- Confident having challenging conversations with advisers and being able to influence
- Able to demonstrate delivering a high quality and valued service to advisers.
- Comfortable working in an environment where outputs are monitored and targets set.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Team player.
- Solution orientated and able to think outside the box to solve problems.
- Strong PC skills with good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Commitment to pass basic financial industry exam within 3 months of employment (internal exam)
- Client Services
- Regulatory Requirements