Job Title: Paraplanner
Paraplanning is a technical function that supports and informs the work of Advisers in all areas of finance, including pensions, tax and investment management. Your key role as a Paraplanner is to process the personal information provided by clients during a meeting with their Adviser, before researching the best solutions that meet each client’s financial needs and assisting Advisers with the presentation of the recommendation (usually in the form of a Suitability Report).
It is not your role to give financial advice, but to produce letters, reports and supporting evidence for consideration. You are expected to undertake technical analytical work, which may include cash-flow forecasting and investment analysis. You should keep the Adviser and the client up to date with communications as appropriate. It is not anticipated that you will be involved in direct client communication very often, but the Adviser may request it in certain circumstances.
The Paraplanner role may be broken down into the following key parts:
- Preparing and maintaining the client file.
- Research and Analysis.
- Implementing recommendations.
- Ad hoc / miscellaneous.
- Preparing and maintaining the client file
- Generally, the Adviser should collect the qualitative information (client attitudes, goals, etc.) on the fact find.
- You may also be required to attend client meetings.
- Research and data gathering as required.
- Confirm client risk profile is determined.
- Discuss client objectives with the Adviser and work requirements.
Place of Work: Horsham, West Sussex
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Financial Advice
- Financial Planning