As part of their continued growth, our Client, a high profile IFA firm, is seeking to recruit an experienced Paraplanner.Located in South Tyneside, you’ll work within a dedicated team of Paraplanners utilising your knowledge to conduct research, provide recommendations and compile reports for Financial Planners. Your role will include:-
- Research and analyse products and providers for new clients, compiling suitability reports
- Periodically reviewing available products; pro-actively seeking new product details to ensure appropriate recommendations can be made, meeting all client needs
- Researching investment funds on an ongoing basis, to ensure they are performing in line with expectations. Ensure all recommended funds are suitable for a clients’ risk attitude and in line with investment ethos
- Reviewing both new contracts and alterations in product provider’s terms. Make product recommendations to Financial Advisers
- Ensuring that all research material is on file and that records are organised
- Maintaining procedures for the 'back office’
- Provide support to the financial advisers to ensure compliance and new business submission documentation is accurate
- Undertake annual review for existing clients, researching, analysing and making recommendations where applicable
Applications are invited from individuals who have some experience of Paraplanning, ideally holding QCF Level 4 (DipFA or equivalent), however, part-qualified candidates may also be considered. You must have a comprehensive understanding of financial planning and the key areas including pensions, taxation, trusts, investments and protection. Sound IT skills are required including MS Office and relevant industry applications. Additionally, you must possess excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to build relationships quickly; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong organisational skills to plan and manage own workload and the ability to work on own initiative.
Depending on experience, a starting salary of up to £30,000 will be offered to the successful candidate, along with further benefits including free parking. Study support will be available to develop your career further.