A leading financial advisory firm based in Guildford is looking for a full-time Paraplanner to join its existing team. Ideally, you will have previous experience as a Paraplanner within a fast-paced environment and have extensive product knowledge in the areas of pensions, investments and protection. The successful candidate will benefit from full support and training within a welcoming office environment. For the right candidate, there may be the opportunity to attain a CF30 function.
- High level Life, Pensions and Investment Reporting supporting 5 Consultants/Directors through the sales role.
- Reporting, cash flow planning and preparation of CGT and income tax calculations.
- Undertaking whole of market research, as required, on all areas of the market, including pensions, investments and protection, both on a client specific basis and as part of regular reviews of the market place.
- Liaising with the Compliance Department to ensure that all advice is delivered in a compliant fashion.
- Providing high technical, administrative and research support to advisors.
- Providing input to the Research Manager on suitability of new systems or procedures.
- Cash Flow Modelling.
- Carving out the client facing role, will primarily be a servicing role to help the firm deliver on its client service proposition. This will involve meeting with clients either personally, via telephone or Skype, to review their existing arrangements, update fact finds, review risk profile and deal with other compliance requirements.
- Identifying and addressing any additional requirements that the clients may have in order to achieve their current goals and objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally chartered level along with good working experience within an IFA practice.
- Sound financial product, taxation and investment knowledge is essential along with excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of IRESS is essential.
- Excellent reporting skills & attention to detail, along with good oral & written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of taxation with the ability to analyse & prepare CGT and Income Tax calculations
- Very good knowledge of Trusts
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve issues whilst working unsupervised on required tasks is essential.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ExWeb, Exchange, Analytics and other associated IFA packages
If you possess the relevant skills and experience, please submit your CV today