We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Paraplanner to join our Financial Planning team in our Preston office. As a highly organised and motivated self-starter you would already have 2 - 3 years paraplanning experience. We are a top 50, award winning professional services firm with an excellent reputation for delivering outstanding client service and for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Why join the team:
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Training & development opportunities
- Trusting and empowering working environment
- 35 hour week
Reporting to the office manager, as paraplanner you will provide a first class support service to our team of financial planning consultants. The principal duties of this role will include:
- research of products and funds
- obtaining illustrations and quotations
- preparing suitability letters and reports
- dealing with technical queries
- keeping up to date on legislative and regulatory issues
- ensuring that research and reports are compliant with internal processes and legislative requirements.
You will need to be proactive and able to effectively manage your own workload, particularly whilst working under pressure. You will also need to be able to work on your own initiative, be attentive to detail and have the commitment to ongoing learning and self-development.
To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following:
- certificate in Financial Planning
- diploma in Financial Planning (or working towards the qualification)
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a technical support/paraplanning role in an IFA environment
- good IT skills including Word and Excel
- a high level of numeracy
- good communication skills (written and verbal)
- excellent attention to detail
- good meeting preparation skills
- a strong desire to deliver first class client service
- flexibility in working practices to support client needs
Experience of using 1st Adviser Office and Synaptics/FE Analytics would be advantageous.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and will make an appointment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
- FE analysis
- Financial Planning
- Independent Financial Advice
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job