We are recruiting for an experienced Paraplanner / Client Relationship Manager to join a Wealth Management Practice based in their beautiful rural office in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (HP4 2).
About the Company
They are a financial planning practice comprising a team of highly qualified experienced advisers and a first-rate administrative support team. We work with clients who have financial planning requirements beyond the basics, which might be satisfied through a banking or Internet source.
The provision of high quality comprehensive financial advice is a complicated and wide-ranging topic. We are completely advice driven, capable of dealing with most issues facing our clients, who are typically either high earners, approaching or in retirement, or individuals who have amassed capital and need investment or inheritance tax advice. We also specialise in Later Life financial planning, including funding for Later Life care.
We have a wide range of professional contacts, e.g. solicitors, accountants and specialist investment houses, and we introduce clients and professionals to one another as appropriate. We meet our clients in face-to-face meetings where we help clients to develop and refine their objectives, analyse their current position and then provide specific advice to guide clients toward achievement of their goals. We utilise a range of financial planning software to assist in development of Financial Plans.
Client service and a positive client experience are at the heart of everything we do. Having recently expanded our advice proposition due to unprecedented interest from potential clients, we are now looking to significantly expand our back-office team, with real opportunities for career progression and achievement of further qualifications.
CRM / Paraplanner - Role overview
Reporting to the Principal Partner directly, this role shall be a leading role in the company, and will work closely with the wider team to share best practice and to achieve best outcomes for clients
They will liaise with the Principal’s PA, Compliance Paraplanner, New Business Administrator and Client Liaison/Marketing Manager as appropriate, taking the lead role with Clients.
The individual shall be Diploma (CII) level 4 qualified, ideally with AF1, and working towards Chartered Status.
Longer term, the view is that this role shall progress to Senior Paraplanner/ Business Director, heading the whole business function, including paraplanning and business administration, whilst retaining direct relationships with Key Clients.
- To prepare for Client meetings held by the Principal: Obtaining valuations creating agendas, preparing reports, gathering together anything which might be required, doing the above by delegation to the wider team as required, liaising with Principal’s PA to arrange Client meetings;
- To co-ordinate data-gathering, liaising with the Principal, the Client and the wider team as appropriate, generating a complete data set as quickly and efficiently as possible;
- Preparation of Client Financial Planning Reports and strategies, liaising with the Principal;
- Liaising with Compliance Paraplanner in relation to Strategy Reports and Suitability Letters for new business submission;
- Ensuring that CRM system is updated with all client transactions;
- Creation of individual ongoing Business Plans for Clients.
- A confident and strong communicator: demonstrates immediate gravitas, impact and credibility with Clients;
- Experienced as paraplanner but with excellent Client handling skills;
- An interest in developing relationships with Clients;
- An interest in holistic financial planning and moving forward in assisting Clients to achieve objectives;
- Well-organised, diligent and good with detail;
- Sound judgement, adaptability and the ability to discuss proactively with others, debate issues and influence outcomes;
- Willing to work independently, a self-starter who gets on with the job;
- 'Can do’ attitude and a team player. Prepared to 'muck-in’;
- Qualified to Diploma (CII) level, plus AF1 and progressing towards Chartered Financial Planner;
- Good grasp of UK personal taxation;
- Ambitious to progress;
- Basic salary: £35-45K per annum depending on experience
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours a week (9.00am to 5.30pm or 8.30am to 5.00pn)
- Days of work: Full time, Monday to Friday
- Excellent opportunities to progress
For further information or to apply for this excellent opportunity, please apply online. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Client Services
- Wealth Management