As a Paramedic, you will provide high quality emergency care and minor injury treatment to patients with both primary care and acute care needs in a prison setting. You will be required to work within the Healthcare Centre and on the Wings as part of a team of Primary Care practitioners.
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Altcourse is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand young offender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody.
At HMP Altcourse we are committed to providing the highest standards of healthcare to prisoners in our care. Our healthcare team is staffed 24 hours a day and is made up of qualified Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
Benefits as a Paramedic:
- £1500 Golden Hello Bonus*
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Gympass - subsidised gym
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills as a Paramedic:
- HCPC Registered Paramedic with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- 1 year experience within a secure setting
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable skills as a Paramedic:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
For further information please email:
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
*Golden Hello- paid in 3 instalments: £500 month 1, month 12, month 24
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'