We are searching for a Paralegal for a law firm is based in north east London with a client base predominantly situated in north east London and East Anglia. Despite its regionally located head office, the firm adopts a city-based practice model and culture.
The partners have spent recent years developing a robust practice structure based on investment in modern, scalable IT and staff welfare which has allowed expansion of services provided.
The resulting expansion of their property department means recruitment of a full time paralegal to that department is essential to provide support to the solicitors operating within it.
A full time paralegal is required to assist a solicitor in the firms’ residential conveyancing department with particular emphasis on the following:-
- Preparation of client care packages
- Creation and administration of client details on internal system
- Preparing and issuing contract packs
- Ordering searches
- Obtaining missing documents from HM Land Registry
- Procuring indemnity policy quotations
Post Exchange Administration
- HM Land Registry searches
- Submission of mortgage lender certificates of title
- Liaising with leasehold stakeholders to confirm apportionment position
- Obtaining mortgage redemption statements
- Liaising with clients to ensure funds are available on time
Post Completion Administration
- Preparation and submission of Forms AP1 and supporting documents
- Updating the partner in charge of mortgage administration on registration
- Requesting CQS feedback from clients
- Liaising with stakeholders (clients, estate agents, surveyors, solicitors, etc) throughout transactions via telephone, email and in person
- Possibility of training existing junior accounts assistant in additional financial functions (workload permitting) or assisting in recruitment and training of further accounts staff
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and organised approach to a mixed range of tasks
- Desire to progress and improve both individually and as a firm at all times
- At least one years experience in a paralegal or secretarial position within a law firm
- Full driving licence
- Full time role (9 to 5 Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch) but additional hours will be required at busy times
- Twenty days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Located in the firm’s head office
- Salary £17.5k
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'