We are seeking a Paralegal to assist a securitisation team based in the Colchester area. We are looking for someone with previous conveyancing experience. You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to manage your own caseload. This is a demanding role that will require flexibility and the ability to successfully prioritise competing demands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Solicitor supervising you in the securitisation team with specific tasks allocated on his/her files to include: identifying Titles, obtaining Official Copy Entries and Office Copy Documents from the Land Registry Link, carrying out Searches, obtaining items from Local Authorities, chasing for outstanding items, carrying out pre-completion Land Registry Searches and dealing with post-completion matters;
- Providing the Solicitor supervising you with progress reports as and when required;
- Assisting with the organising and maintaining of the Solicitor’s tidy and accurate files electronically;
- Providing cover and support to the other paralegals within the team as and when required and assisting on securitisation matters;
- Competent in all MS applications, to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be client focussed and have an approachable manner with good communication skills/telephone manner.
- Have a methodical approach, with good attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels.
- Possess a strong customer service ethic with the ability to empathise with clients.
- Good time management skills, able to deal with more than one task at a time, able to work with limited supervision, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, able to prioritise a heavy workload.
- Be a supportive team player and willing to assist others.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, tenacious and approachable.
- Be assertive and confident with dealing with people at all levels.
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in Law (or appropriate conversion).
- Successful completion of the LPC or studying the LPC part time.
- Knowledge of DMS (Document Management System).
- Basic salary of £19,000
- Monday to Friday (9:00 - 17:30)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"