Under the supervision of, and working in partnership with, your aligned property lawyer, deal with all aspects of the Conveyancing transaction to provide a comprehensive and quality Conveyancing service.
Working with your aligned lawyer maximise exchanges within your Legal Team.
Proactively progress transactions managing inbound and outbound telephone calls and required legal work. Build enhanced relationships with both your clients and Estate Agency Branches in order to deliver a service of excellence whilst optimising exchanges.
Key Result Areas
To thoroughly understand the conveyancing process and, under supervision, be able to:
- Issue sale contracts, registered and unregistered.
- Deal with sale enquiries
- Draft replies to additional enquiries and requisitions.
- Investigate basic freehold titles and raise the relevant additional enquiries or requisitions
- Check replies to enquires
- Interpret and advise on search results
- Draft and negotiate contract clauses to suit particular circumstances.
- Deal with clients, estate agents and other lawyers confidently on the telephone, give advice and negotiate solutions to problems.
- Undertake exchanges of contracts.
- Deal with all conditions in a mortgage offer.
- Prepare completion statements.
- Co-ordinate related sale and purchase transactions.
- Prepare SDLT forms
- Post completion tasks including registration.
- With supervision, manage and prioritise your own caseload of conveyancing transactions.
- Understand and operate the company`s procedures and policies to monitor workflow, avoid fraud and/or negligence and continually improve performance standards.
- Understand, operate and maximise the potential of the company`s conveyancing case management system throughout a conveyancing transaction.
- Effectively process escalations from estate agency branches by either carrying out requested activity or escalating within Team.
- Monitor the completion of escalation requests, ensuring that service level agreements and deadlines are always met.
- Work on own initiative to identify tasks which improve the relationship with your client.
- Proactively deliver updates to Estate Agency branches throughout the month.
- To chasing exchanges, by calling third parties involved in the transaction, as directed by the property lawyer.
- Undertake any other task as reasonably requested by your Property Lawyer, Team Manager, Resolution Team or Senior Manager.
Communication and Working Relationships
Internal - Liaise with other legal teams, team managers, client accounting and shared services.
External - Liaise with prospective and existing clients, estate agents, other solicitors and Conveyancers, mortgage lenders, brokers and other work providers.